Join Oregon’s newest and safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across Oregon are invited to join the inaugural 2016 spring league!
Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a league-issued Student Athlete Firearm Education (SAFE) Certificate. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
- Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 15: Athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2017.
- March 10: Athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration.
- March 22: Athlete registration fees ($35 per athlete) are due from the team to the League.
- April 2: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 9: Practice Week 2.
- April 16: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 23: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 30: Competition Week 2.
- May 7: Competition Week 3.
- May 14: Competition Week 4.
- May 21: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 27th at 9:30 p.m.
- May 28: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- June 24: State Tournament – Hillsboro, OR – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories. Categories include: Novice (0-14.99 year-end average), Junior Varsity (15-18.99), and Varsity (19-25).