Join Oregon’s newest and safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across Oregon are invited to join the inaugural 2018 spring league!
Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a league-issued Student Athlete Firearm Education (SAFE) Certificate. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
New teams are allowed to join the 2018 spring trap shooting league. Learn more about how to start a new team. Once your team is approved, simply have a school official contact us and let us know!
- Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 8: Team registration begins. Coaches can register teams via Team Management System.
- January 15: Student athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2018.
- March 15: Student athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration. Student athlete payment option is due.
- March 26: Team registration payment option is due.
- April 1: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 8: Practice Week 2.
- April 14: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 15: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 19: Conferences announced. State tournament registration opens.
- April 22: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 29: Competition Week 2.
- May 6: Competition Week 3. State tournament registration closes. Student athlete payment option is due.
- May 13: Competition Week 4.
- May 18: Tournament team registration payment option is due.
- May 20: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published Sunday May 27th.
- May 27: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- May 27: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams announced. Tier 1 registration opens. Payment due at registration.
- June 1: National Championship Tier 2 registration opens (if applicable).
- June 5: National Championship Tier 3 registration opens (if applicable).
- State Tournament: June 23rd, 2018 – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories.
- July 12: National Championship practice.
- July 13: National Championship team qualifying.
- July 14: National Championship individual qualifying.
- July 15: National Championship finals.
Click here to go to the 2018 National Championship website.
View our frequently asked questions to learn more about school and athlete eligibility, coaching and shooting ranges or contact us to get started with your new team today!