It’s fun for everyone…
The purpose of the Oregon State High School Clay Target League is to attract students to participate in shooting sports while creating friendly competition among high schools throughout Oregon!
With the assistance of hundreds of volunteer coaches and parents, student athletes in grades 6 through 12 represent their high school by competing in weekly trap shooting at their local shooting range. Scores are submitted online and compared against other high school trap teams within their conference. The ORSHSCTL provides a safe, comfortable, and positive team environment that enhances a student athlete’s character and personal growth through safe, educational, and socially acceptable involvement in shooting sports.
Any high school can join!
Any public, private or parochial high school in Oregon are invited to participate. Teams require:
• Approval from the school (School Board, Principal, and/or Activities/Athletic Director)
• Use of the school name
Schools are strongly encouraged to provide a lettering program and photo in the yearbook.
What student athletes can join a team?
Any Oregon student is eligible to participate if he/she:
• Is in grades 6 through 12, AND
• Possesses a league-issued Student Athlete Firearm Education (SAFE) Certificate, AND
• Meets all school curricular activity eligibility requirements, AND
• If the team has room to accommodate the student athlete.
Learn how to Start a Team in your school!
Complete the form below to receive access to an online interactive presentation to inform you and others in your community about starting a team in the Oregon State High School Clay Target League.